Saturday, August 08, 2009

My parent's anniversary is today & Oats Cookie

Today is my parents 39th Anniversary. I prayed that they'll always be healthy & happy. Will bring them for makan tomoro but before that take my parents for visiting tomor, my mom misses her brother. They used to be close but nowadays hardly meet cos everyone is bz with their own families. Mamapapa dowan us to buy anyting for them, they juz wanna go for makan.

Anyway, today i'm in d mood to bake. After hearing from the news yesterday that the H1N1 is getting serious, bee and i decided to cut down on going out to the malls. We'll only go out for short wile. So after breakfast, i took out all my pots and pans (literally speaking) and start my mission.
D recipe is easy, took it from internet. All u need is 1 cup of butter, 1 cup of flour, 3 1/2 cup of oats, 1 cup sugar & 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Mix everything. I used heart shape cookie cutter to shape the cookie. And brush the topp with egg yolk. Bake it for 20 minutes...n done.
And the results? Wah....bee loves it lar!! I find the recipe true (not bluff ones) and my parents gave their approval too. Looks like tis will be one of the raya cookies that i'll be making lah. My mission tis year is not to buy raya cookies. I muz try and make it!! No more buying.

No comments: