Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Longest day of my life!

Yesterday, monday, 14th April 2008 was truly the longest day of my life! I was awaken at 6:00am by bee. He said his gum was bleeding. As i woke up, i noticed the pillow and the t-shirt he was wearing for sleeping has blood on it. He was trying to put pressure on the gum to stop the bleeding. At the same time he sprained his back but nothing major, that's why I decided that i should take leave to tend to him.

Since the blood sort of stopped, we bought nasi lemak for breakfast, have it at home and laze around the house. Then he complained that the blood keep coming out and we decided to go to the nearest dentist. We went to one dentist in Bukit Jelutong but unfortunately its open at 5pm. So we drove to TTDI and found Dr. Indra's dentist. The clinic was supposed to be closed for lunch at 12:30pm but we managed to catch hold the doctor at 12:15pm. The doctor could not find anything wrong with the gum but since she do not want to make any hasty surgery, she suggested that we go to the nearest GP clinic and check bee's blood pressure. By this time bee's gum-bleeding still could not stop. We went to Mediviron Clinic and check with Dr. Sharifah. She checked bee's blood pressure and it is on the high side. She suggested that we go and check with Selangor Medical Centre where we should see a physician that she recommended. Thinking that bee's case wasn't that serius, we all went back home to have lunch.

Earlier on i have prepared porridge by using the slow-cooker. We bought ice and get bee to put the ice on his gum to stop the blood. After resting for about 45minutes, we had our lunch. We were sitting at the hall watching TV when bee said that the bleeding on his gum wouldn't wanna stop. Since he looked worried and wanted to see the doctor again, we went to Mediviron Clinic again. Another doctor, Dr. Josh attended to us. He sort of refused to give bee medicine to stop the bleeding becos of his high-blood pressure. He suggested that we go and check with the hospital.

We went back home, pack some of bee's overnite stuff (thinking that he might be admitted) and left to Darul Ehsan Medical Centre. I suggested the place as i thot it will be easier for me to commute from the house in-case bee got admitted (its nearer to the house). We reached the Emergency ward around 4:45pm. We were quickly taken into the ward and an MO and doctor attended to bee. Later around 6:00pm, doctor confirmed that he has to be admitted. This is where i started to worry! I text my sister-inlaw who's working in tourism just to keep her in the loop. The next thing I know, she informed her whole family. I started to become emotional. I called my brother to inform him of the situation and told him not to tell my parents. I don't want my fragile parents to get worried becos of this news. As i go thru the hospital process, register, paid the deposits, etc, they put bee in the wheelchair and take him to the 4th floor. We requested for a 2 bedroom suite and i must say i'm impressed with the place.

I tried to put my worries aside altho my heard was pounding like only God knows. My brain was working so fast i donno what i was doing/thinking. I suddenly have so much energy and think to myself that i have to be strong for bee. Good to know that i didn't really panic cos bee was quite calm and i need to be calm for him too. I know he worries for me but for now he has to get well soon.

As bee settles-down in his room, i decided to buy him dinner. Its was right after maghrib and luckily it was just a walking distance to McDonalds. So i had my dinner there and tapau chicken porridge for him. As i walked back towards the hospital, i saw Kak Ngah and Abang. Took them to the 4th floor and Dr. Rahman was attending to bee. He said bee has to be refferred to GH Klang becos there wasn't any dentist specialist in their hospital and they do not want to put bee into un-necessary surgery.

At that very moment, i felt that time was very very loonng. The process of the doctor to issue a letter for the hospital and waiting for the documents is very very long, i think nearly one hour plus. By that time, my mother inlaw and another sister inlaw was already there, all the way from Seremban. As i collected my deposit (with some deduction of course), we drove to GH Klang.

As we're about to leave DEMD, my brother came with his wife. So we all convoied together. Since nobody knows the place, bee had to show them the route. I was with bee and Abang. MIL with the other 2 SIL and bro with wife, 3 cars altogether. I have to leave our car at the hospital as its not feasible to go with so many cars. It was really a long journey, i never knew that GH Klang is very very far from Shah Alam.

Reached the Emergency ward and bee was quickly taken in. Since only 1 person is allowed to go in, i followed. Later i called in Abang. He was the one who attended mostly with the doctor and MO. Blood pressures were taken and questions were asked. Later the doctor said he had to take bee's blood to check on the compostion of his blood, it takes one hour for the results. I was going in and out of the room, check out on huby and then updates my inlaws. Only later the dentist, Dr. Siti came and attends huby. It took awhile for her to decide a small stich on huby's gum. I watched from far (as i'm scarred of blood and needles) but Abang was there to attend to bee. Alhamdulilah, the doctor managed to stop the blood. It seems that there is a small tear in between bee's front lower teeth, hence the blood vessel tore and gush out blood. Plus the extra worries that he had in his head that makes his blood pressure rise high. I can't tell you how glad i was when i know that bee doesn't have to be admitted and can go home!! Alhamdulilah!! Alhamdulilah!! Alhamdulilah!

By the time i reached DEMC with my bro and his wife, it was already 12:30am. I drove back home and reached safely. It was indeed the longest day of my life! I have so many people that i'm thankful for. Firstly of course to GOD, all my inlaws for their support and my bro n wife plus all the doctors, nurses, medical officers who helped him sincerely. May Allah repay you all, amin.

I'm taking leave today to attend to bee. This morning i woke up at 6am and check on bee's gum, alhamdulilah, no bleeding. Get up, cooked porridge. Later i'm going to Tesco to buy some grocerries. Doctor's advised bee to only take soft food, no brushing teeth for 3 days, eat only cold food, no hot stuff and lotsa rest. My mother inlaw called as i was typing this blog. Everyone's glad that he's getting better, insyallah. For everybody, THANK U SO MUCH!


Sweettooth said...

OMG!!! my heart ws pounding rapidly while reading this entry. Alhamdulillah, it's only a tear on the gum. So ur parents still tak tau?? kirim salam to ur hubby ya.

DEMC is fine kan? that's why i go there often.

Dazzelyn said...

My heart oso...i can't tell u how scarred i was for him...u know lar mcm2 dah pikir masa tu....tank god nothing major lar. Thx 2 ur concern.

Anonymous said...

See Please Here

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.